Saturday, December 6, 2008

The Nutcracker Ballet

McKinley and I went on a date last night to the Nutcracker Ballet.  We got all dressed up.  She wore her princess dress.  She was so excited and had a difficult time sitting still, waiting for it to begin.

During intermission we went for a bathroom break and while waiting in line, she posed like the ballerinas for me to take a picture.  She loved it when it started "snowing" while the snow queen and king were dancing.  She turned to me and very loudly asked "don't you think they are cold?"  The couple next to us chuckled. 
She loved Clara and pretended to be her during the second half, getting down from her seat and dancing in the aisle.  I hope she wasn't too disruptive.  I couldn't get her to stop dancing, no matter how many times I made her sit down.  She has been dancing like a ballerina ever since.  What a sweetheart!  We had a wonderful date!!

3 comments:

Benner said...

I have such a beautiful niece! Go McKinley! I'm glad you enjoyed the Ballet so much. It is good to get these kids cultured while they are young and before they get sucked into the TV Society of America. Go Lori! and go McKinley!

Seth and Natalie said...

That is so neat! Where Monica's dancing girls there? I know they had two nights scheduled to dance either during the intermission or as a prelude. McKinley looks so cute, and I love that she liked the ballet. What a change from camo and elk hunting. You are going to have one cultured little girl on your hands!

Valerie said...

I just got your Christmas card with your blog on it! Yay! I'm happy to have found you here... I didn't even know you had another baby girl! Super late congrats!

I have a blog, too, but its private. I'd love to link you if you want to email me!

bestofthebunch@gmail.com