Share 7 random or weird facts about yourself. Tag 7 other people and leave a comment on their blog that they have been tagged.
I'm pretty boring, so I don't know how exciting this will be, but her goes...
- Most who know me know that I'm obsessed with Australia. I don't know why, but I've loved everything Australia for as long as I can remember. It was a dream come true to spend a semester of college at the Uni of Western Sydney. I especially love koalas, Ayers Rock, Aussie lingo, Eucalyptus trees, and the awesome accent.
- I cannot fall asleep during a movie. I've tried and I can't!! It doesn't matter if it is the most boring movie ever or if I've seen it a million times, no matter how tired I am, I won't fall asleep.
- Speaking of movies... I can't watch scary movies anymore. I used to love watching them before I got married. But ever since, I just get freaked out and have nightmares and everything. So Aaron won't let me watch them anymore (and I don't want to).
- I blush really easily. It doesn't take much and I can feel my face heating up and I know that it is bright red. I've always been so embarrassed about it, especially when I was younger and used to always get teased - "your face is turning all red!"
- I love to organize things, but my house always looks messy. I get excited about putting things in order, checking things off lists, cleaning out a closet or cupboard. I like to have things arranged in a logical order. Aaron was telling me about a girl he took on a date once who when asked what she liked to do told him that she liked to organized things. He said he never asked her out again because he thought her response was so weird. So I waited until we were married to tell him that I like to organize things!
- I hate to exercise. I know this is probably true of a lot of people, but I really feel like it is such a waste of time! (No offense to those who do this regularly, because I really do envy your willpower and am jealous that you are in shape and I am not). I love to be active though, so I just figure if I'm going to run or bike, I want to actually be going somewhere not staying in one place and indoors. Hence, I never exercise. I do love lifting weights, but it's hard to do without a gym membership. Hence, I never exercise.
- I've self-diagnosed that I have selective OCD. For example, I wash my hands very often, especially after petting a dog or cat (although I try to avoid petting any animal), after dealing with sticky children (they are always sticky!), before eating, after eating, or just whenever I feel like I might have any degree of dirt or germs on them. I have a difficult time being happy when I'm dirty. Other symptoms I've noticed is my need for order. (Refer to #5 above). I can't walk by an open drawer or cupboard without shutting it. I have a fear of doing things wrong, which means I don't try new things very often. This also leads to my excessive blushing when I do mess up or get embarrassed. (Refer to #4). Aaron discovered early in our marriage that I am not spontaneous about anything, and can actually get really grouchy or even sick in trying to be spontaneous. I can handle planned spontaneity only. And the list actually goes on, but I think I've revealed enough.
Hope you know me a bit better now, even if you didn't want to.
I know I'm supposed to tag 7 people, but I don't even know 7 people who read my blog, so I'm only going to tag Mom (you can do it Mom, I'll help), Ben (I know Rachel already tagged you, but you're slower than me at responding), Louisa, Brooke, and Natalie.
Have fun!

2 comments:
I love the list of your querks (sp?). I actually can't fall asleep in a movie either - but I do love a good scary flick once in a while. I think the best thing in your whole post is "planned spontaneity". Good wordage!
That was fun to read, and learn more about you. It is fun to see all your new posts on your blog. We really need to go see Santa too.
Post a Comment