Saturday we went to the Eastern Idaho State Fair. I was a bit nervous about going with 3 kids and no Aaron, but we had a great time and everyone was very well-behaved, mostly!
The kids loved seeing and petting the animals.
This was one friendly goat!
Gideon wanted to climb right in with these cute baby pigs!
I let the kids put a quarter in and ride the horses. It was a very quick ride, but they enjoyed it.
And we spent lots of time in kid zone. These bikes turned a fan that made bubbles! Addi was pretty upset that she couldn't quite reach the pedals.
But she had a great time coloring on these spinning art things.
We shared chicken strips, fries, a corn dog, a fruit slushy, and a strawberry smoothie for lunch. We also walked through most of the buildings and looked at the displays, sampled kettle corn, collected all the free stuff McKinley could find, and watched a short pioneer film (twice) in the semi-air conditioned church building while Gideon finally had a chance to get out of the stroller and crawl around on a sort of clean floor. And after about 7 hours at the fair, we (me) were ready for bed!
Another fun-filled summer day!



2 comments:
How fun! You are such a great mom to do these things with your kids. They'll have the best memories. Plus you are brave to go to the fair without another adult. I wouldn't do it, so I didn't. Mainly because Rylee and Dax are way faster than me right now and he'd be in with the bulls before I could catch him. Tell McKinley we love her boots, she's such a natural little cowgirl.
What great pictures! Oh Lori you are amazing. The kids look so happy, and they are. I don't know where you get the energy. I am proud of you, and love you for your desire to be the best mom you can be. You have happy, lucky, beautiful children, and so do I! I love you.
Post a Comment